CFP: English and American Studies in the Age of Post-Truth and Alternative Reality, Krakow, 23-25 April 2020
15th April Conference
Krakow, 23-25 April 2020
English and American Studies in the Age of Post-Truth and Alternative Reality
April Conference is a large international conference which has been organized by the Institute of English Studies at the Jagiellonian University since 1978. This triennial event provides an opportunity to bring together scholars working in various fields of English and American Studies, especially:
· British and American Literature,
· General and Applied Linguistics,
· Translation and Cultural Studies,
· Teaching English as a Second Language.
Plenary lectures at AC 15 will be delivered by the following speakers:
Susan Hunston (University of Birmingham)
Kenneth P. Minkema (Yale University)
Virginia Pulcini (Università degli studi di Torino)
Nancy Lusignan Schultz (Salem State University)
Tiffany Stern (The Shakespeare Institute)
For this anniversary edition of April Conference, the organizing committee will be pleased to accept proposals of papers on a wide variety of topics. Preference will be given to presentations which fit into the thematic sessions listed below, but other papers will also be considered. We also welcome session proposals with three or six papers connected thematically.
· Colonial America and Religious History
· Digital Humanities and Literary History
· Gender Studies, Masculinities Studies and Feminist Perspectives in Literature and Culture
· Southern Studies
· Medieval Studies and Medievalism
· Milton Studies in Central and Eastern Europe: The State of the Art
· Alternative Romanticisms
· Transfusions of Joyce
· Language Contact
· Contemporary Trends in Sociolinguistics
· Stance and Evaluation in Discourse
· Foreign Language Education: Tradition and New Perspectives
· Translating Worldviews and Alternative Realities
Papers are scheduled to take 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of discussion. Speakers are invited to submit an abstract of ca. 200 words via the on-line system under PAPER PROPOSALS on the conference website https://april.confer.uj.edu.pl. If you would like to submit a session proposal, please send an email to email@example.com. Paper proposals will be reviewed anonymously and the authors will be notified about their acceptance via email. The deadline for paper proposals is January 15, 2020. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by February 15, 2020.
Early conference registration fee (available until March 1, 2020): 700 PLN.
Regular conference fee (after March 2, 2020): 800 PLN.
Doctoral students are eligible for a 150 PLN discount. For more information, please see the conference website.
dr hab. Zygmunt Mazur (Head)
prof. dr hab. Elżbieta Chrzanowska-Kluczewska
dr hab. Bożena Kucała
prof. dr hab. Elżbieta Mańczak-Wohlfeld
dr hab. Andrzej Pawelec
dr hab. Władysław Witalisz
dr Małgorzata Cierpisz
Institute of English Studies
al. Mickiewicza 9A, 31-120 Kraków