Membership and Registration Gateway
The International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts
- Membership and registration gateway
Welcome to the Membership & Registration Gateway!
Please read the instructions before you begin.
It’s as easy as one-two-three: membership, conference, and hotel.
Current IAFA membership is required for conference presenters. Join the association or renew your membership before attempting to register for the conference. However, you can join the association even if you don’t attend the conference. Association members receive a subscription to the Journal of the Fantastic in the Arts (JFA).
Have a credit card or bank account information handy to complete the process. We take payments through PayPal. However, you do not have to have a PayPal account to use the system.
First: Renew or create your IAFA Membership.
If you are presenting, you must be a member.
To join or to renew your membership in the association, visit the membership page: https://iaftfita.wildapricot.org/JoinUs
Note: The ICFA does not share your personal or membership information with anyone unless you ask us to except that we share address information of members who have added subscriptions through their membership with the association to the appropriate journals.
Second: Register for the Conference
Each ICFA attendee must register and pay separately–even those who hold “joint” IAFA memberships. (We have never had joint registrations for the ICFA.)
- Early registration: through January 13th.
- Normal registration: January 14th-January 30th. (Normal and early reg are the same for students)
- Late registration: January 30th-February 21st.
- After February 21st, the on-line system will be closed temporarily so that the conference committee can commit to the hotel for space and meal requirements.
- The system will open again for on-site registration on March 14th.
- AMEX is accepted for payments through this site using PayPal. However, AMEX is *not* accepted for payments on-site using the “swiper”.
Note: The ICFA will not issue refunds for conference registration and associated fees after February 1; instead, cancellations after this date will receive a credit that may be used within 2 years for a future conference. Exceptions may be appealed to the Board.
Note: The ICFA does not share your registration information with anyone unless you ask us to.
Third: Reserve a Room in the Marriott
Third, after you have registered for the conference, reserve a room at the conference hotel: http://fantastic-arts.org/annual-conference/the-hotel/