An Appeal for Help
The ICFA bookroom needs help in setting up, maintaining and tearing down the bookroom. Here is the work schedule:
1. Sunday, March 16 – Moving the books from the storage facility to the hotel and arranging the unopened boxes into an approximate order for unpacking.
2. Monday and Tuesday, March 17 and 18 – Unpacking books, arranging the room, pricing all new books in PENCIL, repricing the older books.
3. Wednesday through Saturday, March 19 through 22. Two sessions each day approximately 8:15 AM to Noon and then approximately 2 PM to 6 PM. The room is open all day on Saturday. This is non-arduous work. Rearranging books, assisting shoppers and either repricing existing stock or pricing new books. If we have a separate auction room, we will also need someone to simply sit in the room.
4. Extra help is needed Thursday and Friday about 3/4 hr. before lunch and Saturday 3/4 hr. before the Banquet to place books at each place for the meal.
5. On the final Sunday, packing all remaining books under Peter Halasz’s direction (Yes, there is an art and science to this) and moving them to the storage facility.
The two intensive manpower needs are the two Sundays. Some years we have been very short of help on the last Sunday.
We provide rewards for assistance. We break the day into morning and
afternoon sessions. For three sessions of work we provide a membership to the conference that does not include any of the meals. Additional work sessions can earn meals. This includes help in setting up the conference prior to the opening sessions on Wednesday.
If possible email me at JTBerlant@AOL.com with the times you are available. We will also cheerfully welcome anyone stopping in to help. Work on the two Sundays is somewhat strenuous, moving boxes.
The rest is reasonably non-strenuous.
Thanks for your assistance.
Joe Berlant, ICFA Bookroom Manager