ICFA 40 Student Caucus Updates
By Skye Cervone In IAFA, ICFA On February 6, 2019
Student Caucus Updates:
Job Materials Workshop
The Job materials workshop has extended their deadline until March 8. If you would still like Kathryn Hume and Mark Decker to look over and critique your job application materials, email Wendy Wood, at email@example.com. In your email, please include:
1) Subject Line: SCIAFA Job Materials Workshop
2) Your name & email address
3) Whether you are applying to a research or a teaching school (predominantly)
4) Attach: your CV, cover letter, and teaching philosophy
There is still time to sign up for the mentorship program. We are especially in need of mentors, those who have attended the conference before and would like to help a new attendee. If you are interested in being mentored or in being a mentor, please email Kylie Korsnack at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email SCIAFA Mentorship Program, and in your email, please answer the following questions:
1. What is your name?
2. What is your e-mail address?
3. What is your institutional affiliation?
4. What would you consider to be your main interests in the field of the fantastic?
5. When will you be arriving at the conference?
6. When will you be departing from the conference?
7. Are you currently planning to attend the conference reception on Wednesday evening?
(*Please inform us if your plans change and make every effort to follow through with whatever you commit.)
8. Which role are you signing up for, mentor or mentee
Paper Publishing Workshop
Each year, one of the main events sponsored by SCIAFA is a Graduate Student Writing Workshop. It is a chance for graduate students to share their written work with a professional in the field and receive invaluable feedback and advice as they work to improve their writing and shift from conference papers to publications. This year, we have the honor of having Rachel Haywood Ferreira host our workshop. You do not need to register ahead, simply bring a paper in progress to the conference in order to participate in the workshop.
“Like” the IAFA on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FantasticArts/
Follow the IAFA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iafa_tw