By Stacie Hanes In ICFA On March 20, 2013
The conference is already off to a GREAT start!! Here are some updates. In addition to Brie’s update, the super final conference schedule is posted on the site!
- Thursday Lunch is Sold Out
- Friday Lunch is Closed. If you did not request a ticket, but would like to attend, we will form a line near registration and accommodate anyone we can after all ticketed guests have been seated. There is no guarantee that we will be able to seat you.
- Banquet- If you would still like to purchase a meal ticket for yourself or a guest to attend the Awards Banquet, please do so when you register today. Banquet tickets purchased onsite will be $60. Thank you for your cooperation.
Conference Registration (Main Floor) will now open at 2PM on Wednesday.
Book Exhibit and Sales
The book room and auction, including Charles Vess’ original art, will open for business on Wednesday afternoon.
Make sure to check the schedule when you register. When you show up for your shift, make sure to sign in, so that we can keep track of your hours. If you have not signed up, but are interested in volunteering, please ask about open shifts when you register.
Limited Edition Charles Vess Shirts & Canvas Totes – printed with Charles Vess’ Neil Gaiman inspired design.
A limited selection of standard and fitted t-shirts/totes is still available. All shirts/totes will be distributed/sold from Thursday forward–while supplies last. Both shirt styles and the book tote are priced at $20.
* Pre-Opening Refreshment – Wednesday 3-20 from 2:30-3:15pm- Ballrom Foyer
* Newcomer Meet-up – Wednesday 3-20 from 8-8:30 – Captiva A/B
* Opening Reception – Wednesday 3-20 from 8:30-11pm – Capri – open to all
This year’s Sunday excursion to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is SOLD OUT.
* This link provides local dining, shopping, and tourism discounts: http://www.orlandoconventionaid.com/directory_view.php?dir_id=2346
* An indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center, and jogging trail are also available to hotel guests.
If there is anything else that you need before you arrive, please respond to this message or e-mail me at <iafareg_at_gmail.com> and let me know how I can help. Messages come to my phone, which should afford a quick response. After the conference is in full swing, visit the Registration Desk (Main Floor) or the Information Desk (2nd floor) for answers.
Bridgid P. Shannon
International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts(IAFA)
Membership & Registration Coordinator