IAFA Call for Applications for Division Heads Children’s and Young Adult Literature (CYA) and International Fantastic Literatures (IF)
By Skye Cervone In IAFA, ICFA On March 26, 2018
The International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts is accepting applications for the position of Head of the Children’s and Young Adult Literature (CYA) and International Fantastic Literatures (IF) Divisions. Those interested in applying must send a cover letter explaining their interest in and qualifications for the position, and a current CV, to the First Vice-President, Isabella van Elferen at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 15 May 2018.
Division Heads are appointed by the President, on the recommendation of the First Vice-President, who chairs the Council of Division Heads, after formal discussion and majority vote of the Board. The terms are for three years. Both the CYA and the IF Division Heads will “shadow” the current Heads until their appointment begins at the conclusion of the conference in 2019.
· Each Division Head organizes and supervises all conference activity within a subdivision of fantastic scholarship. Division Heads work under the guidance of the First Vice-President.
· Division Heads are responsible for recruiting session proposals and papers and are responsible for formatting these to the requirements of the First Vice-President.
· Division Heads are responsible for forwarding all information to the First Vice-President in a timely fashion.
· Division Heads have the responsibility to check the draft program for accuracy and AV needs.
· Division Heads are expected to liaise with other Division Heads and the First Vice-President. The First Vice-President is the final arbiter of the program under the aegis of the Executive Board.
· At the conference the Division Heads oversee sessions in their respective Divisions and collect suggestions for future topics, special guests, etc.
· A track record of publications and presentations in the field of CYA or IF
· A track record of conference organisation and/or research management
· Collaborative and teamwork mentality
· Interpersonal skills
For more information on the CYA and IF divisions, the position of Division Head, or the IAFA, please email Isabella van Elferen, email@example.com